Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Exploded Views



Jim Campell's Exploded Views really exemplified Design Key #8 for me. The amount of meticulous timing that goes into creating the images in his light installation is almost insane (the good kind).





I love the images we captured of this piece, where in each one you see something different. What our pictures created to me is organized chaos. Something so thought-out transforms by becoming blurred and distorted. In more researching, I discovered "Lacking a point of reference, horizon, or certain depth of field" a topic on But Does It Float. The images there show the perfect examples of seemingly random, but well thought-out and purpose driven things can have a sense of randomness and chaos involved. Oh and check out the image I spotted that drew me to the site!




No comments:

Post a Comment