Monday, February 20, 2012

Good Design Is...


I thought I would revisit the key steps to design we saw during the Dieter Rams exhibit and point out what attracts me to the pieces I post.  


This Dieter Rams chair is the perfect example of long-lasting and influential design. It's simple, useful, and brilliantly subtle in it's design aesthetic. I decided to find more of what I feel exemplifies this key of design. In searching for examples, I discovered Arne Jacobson, and like Dieter Rams, immediately recognized his work. I think what makes these pieces long-lasting is that they are still utilitarian without giving up on creative design. I think doing this exercise by being inspired by Dieter Ram's keys to good design, will lead to more discovery and deep-thought about why good design works.



No comments:

Post a Comment