Friday, January 21, 2011

Textile Design: Inspiration

Lovely Deer Head by Jennifer Khoshbin, Superordinate Antler lamp by designer: Jason Miller,
Deer Wall Vase by Akari Luig



I've been designing fabrics for more than a decade now, and have since learned to take in inspiration beyond the literal definition. When drawing designs inspired by fellow artists, it is easy to fall into that creative rut which dooms your designs to look like a lower budget remake movie from the original. More and more I see the market succumb to the spread of: "same but slightly different". Drawing upon other mediums to inspire you is key to this industry. Here are a few pieces that helped inspire my collection of fabrics, soon to be released this year. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

-Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment